Carpet Beetle Extermination
Are you looking for the best Carpet beetle extermination services in Montreal? Lucky for you, we Local Extermination are here to make your carpet beetle infestation problems go away. We are a professional pest control and extermination company based in Montreal, and we are good at what we do.
The carpet beetle is one of the most dangerous parasitic insects that can be found in residences. If not taken care of, they can cause great damage to carpets, furniture, textiles, and even clothes.
If your residence has been infested with Carpet Beetles in Montreal, then it’s time you get rid of these annoying scavengers by hiring professionals to do the dirty work for you.
Carpet Beetle pest control can be very challenging if no professional help is given since the general public is not quite familiar with the Carpet beetle extermination safety practices.
Therefore, we recommend our Carpet Beetle removal services to get rid of these creatures and give you the happy home that you once had.
What Are Carpet Beetles and How to Identify Them?
Just as their name suggests, carpet beetles mainly attack carpets or any other items made of wool, leather, fur, silk, or skin. And just like the clothes moths, carpet beetles can quickly cause great harm to vulnerable objects if allowed to multiply.
How do you identify them?
You don’t need to be a professional to identify these parasites. You can check on the following visible features to help you know if your home has been infested and if you possibly need a carpet beetle extermination ASAP.
- Carpet beetles can be identified from their body sizes, color, and shape. Adult carpet beetles in length measure about 2 to 5 mm.
- They have small chewing mouthparts and very short antennae.
- Carpet beetles generally have an oval shape.
- They are usually dark brown or black in color.
- The adult carpet beetle parasites are attracted to light, so you might find them close to windows.
- Look for areas that are hugely damaged on carpets, furniture, or garments.
- They move really slow, and their bodies are covered with bristles and hairs.
4 Signs of Residential or Commercial Carpet Beetle Infestation
How will you know that you need a carpet beetle extermination procedure?
1. Damage to fabric items
The easiest yet most effective way to check for a carpet beetle infestation is to try to look for any physical damage. The presence of holes in fabric objects like carpets, leather, rugs, garments, or even furniture might indicate an infestation.
The larvae from carpet beetles will eat up the soft fabric layers, expose fabric threads, or bore large holes through the fabric, causing visible damage that, if not controlled, it will get out of hand.
2. Presence of Fecal remains and shed skins
During the larvae growth process of the carpet beetles, these parasites shed their skins leaving behind a litter of dark brown skin sheds, which with time accumulate around their feeding areas.
In addition, during the formation of larvae, fecal remains are left behind (a size of about a grain of sand) around the areas where the carpet beetles have infested.
3. Spotting alive or dead carpet beetle
Carpet beetles can grow up to 5mm, just large enough to be visible or spotted by the naked eye. You may come across adult carpet beetles crawling around your furniture, doors, and windows looking for food. Also, while cleaning your house, you may encounter dead bodies of these insects under your floor carpets just around the area of infestation.
4. Bald spots of furs
If you have items that are composed of fur, such as coats, hunting trophies, taxidermied animals, etc., check for bald spots on them. Carpet beetle larvae feed on furs and hairs, leaving behind visible bald spots of furs.
What Damage Can Beetles Cause to Your Home, Health or Pets?
Although carpet beetles do not bite, they may pose a health risk to humans. Some people may have an allergic reaction to these insects.
Carpet beetles can cause an allergic reaction to humans if they come in contact with:
- Digestive tract.
Here are some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction to these insects:
- Runny nose.
- Itchy skin.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Red, watery, itchy eyes.
- Rash, which may cause a burning sensation.
The allergic reactions to carpet beetles will fade away once a carpet beetle extermination has been done to your home by experts.
Carpet beetles don’t cause direct harm to pets. They only feed on pets’ fur, and there is no risk at all beyond that.
If not exterminated, carpet beetles may be highly destructive in your home by infesting and damaging your carpets, furniture, garments, fur, or any items composed of wool and fabric.
Get Help from A Professional Pest Company Like Local Extermination
Why should you turn to Local Extermination as your personal carpet beetle extermination expert?
As said early, the general public does not have a clear idea of the scientific preventative pest control measures. That’s where we come in.
Other than our professionalism, here are some of the reasons why you should turn to us for the best Montreal Carpet Beetle Extermination services.
- We are a Montreal-based company ready to offer our services to anyone around the region of Montreal.
- Our services are very affordable.
- We have a 5-star rating on Google reviews.
- Our customer services are very friendly.
- We offer a warranty.
- You can get free online quotes before submitting any forms on our website.
How Much Costs a Carpet Beetle Extermination Service in Montreal?
When you call to inquire about our carpet beetle extermination services, some considerations will be put in place to assess the possible workload before putting a price on the extermination process.
Some of the factors that influence the pricing of carpet beetle extermination services in Montreal include:
- The nature of the problem.
- The area to be covered.
- The number of treatments needed.
- Inspections fees and Warranty.
Fill in the form below to calculate the custom prices for your specific location in Montreal.
How to Avoid a Carpet Beetle Invasion?
Here are some tips on how to avoid a carpet beetle invasion in your home:
- Seal any cracks or crevices in your residence.
- Clean your pet’s beddings and their surroundings.
- Regularly clean your fabrics and clothes.
- Remove any bird nests from your doors and windows.
- Avoid using rugs, doormats, or carpets made from natural fibers.
- Open your windows and closets to allow natural light in your house. Young carpet beetles are repellent to sunlight.
- Apply carpet beetle insecticide around your house to prevent infestation.
These quick fixes are only temporary solutions. If you want a long-lasting solution, it is time to get the experts involved.
With the high rate of carpet beetle infestation in Montreal, you can’t be totally safe no matter the preventative measure you put in place. For this reason, we highly recommend that you get professional carpet beetle extermination services from us in the event of an infestation.