Are you looking for the best Montreal Centipede Exterminators to help with centipede extermination at your home? Well, if so, you don’t have to worry anymore. We Local Extermination are best qualified to give you the most advanced centipede pest control solutions to eliminate these annoying pests.
Centipede infestation can be devastating, especially if you don’t know anything about these parasites, and even worse, if you are scared of bugs, your home becomes a living hell.
Luckily, we are here to help you out with this kind of nightmare. At a reasonable fee, you can get our centipede extermination services. Our solutions will help you get rid of your centipede infestation problems once and for all.
Before we dive into centipede extermination services, here are some things you need to know about these invasive pests.
What Are Centipedes and How to Identify Them?
Centipedes are flat, segmented, and elongated insects with an average body size of 6 and ½ inches long, usually found in dark and damp places.
They can easily be spotted due to their unique characteristic of many legs. Some species of centipedes can have up to 100 legs.
How do you identify them?
Here are some of the features of a centipede that can help you identify them easily:
- The adult centipede is about 8mm long with 12 pairs of legs.
- They have long antennae to help them move around since they don’t have eyes.
- They have a reddish-brown color on their bodies.
- Their bodies are divided into segments.
- Usually, centipedes move around very fast and may be mistaken for spiders.
If you suspect an infestation in your house, contact us so we can discuss a centipede extermination solution.
4 Signs of Centipede Infestation in Your Home
1. Presence of other bugs in your home
Centipedes feed on other bugs like cockroaches, spiders, and ants. The presence of pests in your home is a potential ground for a centipede infestation. If you spot some centipedes or other bugs in your home, you need to call centipede control experts to prevent further infestation.
2. Watch out for bite marks on your body
Centipedes are usually active during the night (nocturnal); it is possible that during an infestation, you might feel some crawling all over your body during the night. Sometimes, you might even wake up with several bite marks. These bite marks appear to be two punctures and could be swollen since the centipede bite is venomous.
3. Check out the messy areas in your house, such as basements and garage
Usually, centipedes like to hang around messy, dark and damp areas like bathrooms, pantries where molding happens, kitchen areas, basements, and garages. If you spot one or two centipedes in these areas, there is a high likelihood that there is an infestation nearby. So, it is best that you reach out to the centipede pest control experts once you suspect a centipede infestation.
4. Time of the year and living space conditions
Another important thing to look out for signs of centipede infestation is the time of the year and your living conditions. Centipede infestations are very common during the spring season when they lay eggs which later hatch due to the favorable warm conditions. However, during winter, centipedes cannot survive in freezing conditions, so they tend to move indoors as soon as it starts freezing.
What Damage Can Centipedes Cause to Your Home, Health or Pets?
So, when is it the right time to pull the plug on infestation and call the experts in centipede extermination? Is it when the centipedes have caused some damage to your health or pets?
Here is what you need to know about the damages that centipedes can cause:
- The bites from a centipede contain some venom. These chemicals have no serious threat to your life. However, some of the side effects of a centipede bite are swelling, itchiness, and mild pain.
- A bite from centipedes has no serious risk to your dogs. Other than a small discomfort, your dog should be fine after receiving a bite from these insects. In fact, pests like fleas or ticks pose a greater health risk to your dog, and that’s what you should be worried about.
- The same applies to your cats. Your cat is at no health risk from a centipede’s bite.
To your home:
- Centipedes pose no serious harm to your house. Unlike the millipedes, which feed on wood, centipedes will, in fact, help you to get rid of pests by eating other bugs like spiders and cockroaches. However, an infestation could be very annoying, leading to the need for an immediate centipede extermination process.
Professional Centipede Control from Local Extermination
Getting professional help on centipede control is always the best idea to ensure your home is completely safe from centipede infestation.
Getting an opinion from the experts is a smart move, and that’s why we Local Extermination are here in Montreal to offer you a solution on centipede pest control.
Here are reasons why we are the best Montreal Centipede Exterminators:
- Our company offers both residential and commercial extermination services.
- We are based in Montreal; therefore, we can reach you anywhere around this region.
- We offer the best services at excellent prices.
- We offer you online quotes on our websites before you send us any forms.
- Our customer service is very friendly and active.
- Our company has a 5-star rating on Google reviews.
How Much Does It Cost a Centipede Extermination Service in Montreal?
The cost of a centipede extermination service is determined by a number of factors such as:
- The inspection fees.
- Total area to be covered during the centipede extermination process.
- Types and number of treatments needed.
- The nature of centipede infestation.
Use the below form to calculate your custom price for your specific location and get a free quote while you are at it.
How to Prevent Centipede Infestations?
Check out these simple steps on how to prevent centipede infestation:
- Minimize moisture; Centipedes love to infest damp and humid regions. To take care of this problem, keep your garages, bathrooms, basements, and kitchens clean and dry. In addition, fix any water leaks in your water pipes.
- Clear out your storage spaces clutter; Removing clutter to reduce congestion in your basements, attics, and small spaces will limit the chances of centipedes seeking hiding places in these areas. Also, remove piles of leaves, firewood, and grass remains away from your house.
- Seal cracks and holes; sealing their entryways such as holes, small gaps, and cracks in your house will help to prevent the centipedes and other pests from invading your home.
- Get rid of other pests; another way to control the infestation of centipedes is by removing their food source, mainly insects and other pests.
These are some simple steps on how to prevent centipede infestations. However, it is better to involve a professional company as they will get to the bottom of the problem and prevent a future infestation.
Centipede infestation cannot be completely ruled out even though all the preventative measures are put in place. Despite the quick DIY fixes, it is highly recommended to involve the certified centipede pest control experts to do centipede extermination for you.
We Local Extermination have the best professionals who will get to the root cause of the centipede infestation and fix this problem for you.
To enquire more about our centipede pest control services, just fill in the online quotation form on our website and get more information.