Spotting a cockroach in your home is a clear sign of a cockroach infestation. Being one of the common pests in many households, many people struggle with eliminating these irritating bugs. One of the reasons why cockroach extermination has been a problem for many individuals is the rate at which these bugs breed and multiply in numbers.
Using the quick home solutions for cockroach control is not as effective as involving the experts. For this reason, we Local Extermination are bringing to you the best Montreal Cockroach Exterminators in Montreal to give you a permanent cockroach pest control solution.
Say goodbye to those sleepless nights you spend chasing roaches in your home and enquire about our cockroach extermination services today.
What Types of Cockroaches Exist and How to Identify Them?
There are about 4500 species of cockroaches, but the most common ones that you might come across in your home include the following:
- American Cockroach.
- German Cockroach.
- Asian Cockroach.
- Brown-banded Cockroach.
- Smokybrown Cockroach.
- Oriental Cockroach.
How do you identify them?
Identifying a cockroach is pretty easy. Everyone has seen a cockroach at least once in their lifetime, and it is not hard to recognize one.
However, let’s see some cockroach features that can help you identify them:
- A cockroach measures about ½” to 6” long.
- Their bodies are flatted.
- Most roaches appear to be reddish-brown.
- For a shorter time (during molting), cockroaches may appear whitish.
- They move very fast, so trying to kill them by stomping on them isn’t effective.
5 Signs of Residential or Commercial Cockroach Infestation
What if you suspect a cockroach infestation, How will you know if you are actually right?
1. Cockroach droppings
During a cockroach infestation, these insects will leave behind small black droppings of about 1mm that look like coffee grains. If you notice these types of dropping around your house, drawers, corners, counters, or under your beds, that’s a sign of an infestation.
2. Roaches skin
When roaches live in your house, you may find dead roaches or shed skins scattered around their hiding places. Look around to see if you can spot the usual areas where the shed skins are present and prepare for a cockroach extermination service.
3. Egg capsules
Another sign of a cockroach infestation is the presence of egg capsules in your residential or commercial spaces. Cockroaches will lay eggs when they want to breed. The egg capsules can be found on walls, furniture, corners, drawers, or small spaces. These capsules may appear to be reddish-brown in color.
4. Unpleasant odor
Where cockroaches live or sleep, they will start to defecate and, over time, emit unpleasant smells that will become more intense as their population increases. If you notice a foul smell around your home, there is a good chance that a cockroach infestation is taking place.
5. Presence of roaches in the kitchen and bathroom
Cockroaches love to hang around places with food droppings and moist places. This means that if you find them on your kitchen floors, sinks, water pipes, or bathrooms, they indicate a cockroach infestation.
If you have suspicions about an infestation, it is best for you to contact a professional cockroach pest control company that will perform a cockroach extermination exercise to get rid of them.
Why Are Cockroaches Dangerous to Your Health and Home?
If you think roaches don’t have any health risks, think again. These small creatures may pose great health issues to your health. Here is why:
- Roaches carry diseases
Since cockroaches spend most of their time scavenging for food in dirty places, they carry bacteria. They are known to carry about 30 different variants of bacteria. They carry the following diseases: cholera, diarrhea, typhoid fever, and dysentery. Coming in contact or breathing in the air that’s cockroach-infested is enough to inhale the bacteria they transmit.
- They cause allergy reactions and Asthma.
- Cockroaches might bite you.
- They cause food poisoning.
- Cockroaches can invade your body using openings such as your ears, nose, or mouth.
- They are dirty pests and can crawl to your clean dishes.
- Damage to your home
Since they eat just about anything, cockroaches can cause great damage to your books, leather items, or food.
Cockroach Control from a Pest Company Like Local Extermination
Why is it recommended to hire professionals to do a cockroach extermination procedure for you?
Here are some reasons why hiring Local Extermination is the best idea to do a cockroach control measure for you:
- We are very professional at what we do.
- We offer residential and commercial cockroach extermination services.
- We are the best Montreal Cockroach Exterminators with a 5-star rating on Google reviews.
- We offer quality services at an affordable price.
- Our customer service is excellent.
- You can get free online quotes on our website.
How Much does it Cost for a Cockroach Extermination Service in Montreal?
Before prices are put on any pest control services, there are some considerations that are brought to light first. They include the following:
- Warranty and Inspection fees.
- The nature of an infestation.
- The number of treatments needed to take care of an infestation.
- The area to be covered.
To know more about pricing, use the form below to calculate your custom price depending on your specific location in Montreal.
In addition, you will get a free quote before submitting any form.
How to Prevent Cockroach Infestations?
Check out these simple DIY solutions on how to prevent cockroach infestation:
- Remove any food sources from your desks, kitchen counters, or floors that might attract cockroaches in your home.
- Store your food away safely and avoid food spillage.
- Clean your house regularly by washing or vacuuming.
- Avoid leaving your pets’ food idle once they are done eating.
- Seal any cracks or crevices in your house.
- Check your pipes for damages regularly and repair them.
- Empty your waste bins daily.
- Store your food products in air-tight storage containers.
It is important to point out that these DIY steps will only work for some time. However, if you want a permanent fix for a cockroach infestation, it is best to reach out to experts. For this kind of situation, Local extermination is here to address your cockroach infestation problems.
Cockroaches can be really annoying, especially if they have multiplied hugely in numbers. Cockroach infestation is the last thing you should worry about. We are here to offer you the best cockroach extermination services in Montreal. So, don’t hesitate to enquire about our services.
Simply fill in the online quotation form on our website to know more about our cockroach pest control services. You can also give us a call or send us an email if you want to get in touch with our customer service.